Everyone has trigger foods - they are the foods you see, smell, or hear about, that pull on your taste buds and result in one beginning to salivate. These Maleny Cheese product recipes may become your favourite trigger foods once you’ve tried them. So get into your kitchen and give these simple but delicious proven recipes a go!
INGREDIENTS: (serves 4)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans or cashews, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. brandy or whisky or substitute
- 200g round wheel of Maleny Creamy Brie
- Crackers and apple to serve
Combine sugar, nuts and brandy. Score the top of the cheese and place on an ovenproof platter. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven for 4 to 5 minutes, until cheese is softened.
Take out of oven and mound sugar mixture over cheese and bake a further 2 to 3 minutes until sugar is melted.
Serve warm with crackers and apple slices.
For a non-alcohol alternative, use brandy extract, white grape or apple juice.
For a gluten free alternative, use apple slices only (or rice crackers or bread).
For a nut free alternative use soy nuts or dried cranberries.
Maleny Club Cheddar and Banana Melt
- 8 slices of your favourite bread
- 4 tablespoons Maleny Cheese Butter
- 16 disc slices Maleny Vintage Club Cheddar
- 16 disc slices Maleny Wasabi Club Cheddar
- 1large banana, cut into 24 disc slices
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 1 tablespoon Australian extra virgin Olive oil
Pre-heat sandwich press and prepare all the ingredients ready to assemble the sandwich. Once it starts, this recipe cooks very quickly and is ideally served fresh and hot.
Cook the bacon slices to the desired level of crispiness using Olive oil as desired. Let the bacon cool, then cut each slice in half and set aside.
Lightly butter one side of bread for each sandwich and place butter side down on medium heated pan or flat grill. For each sandwich place 4 disc-slices of Maleny Club Cheddar, alternating the type of cheese as desired. Of course you will have removed the edible cheese wax exterior from cheese for this recipe. As the bread starts to brown and the cheese starts to melt, place the other ingredients in layers, culminating in the banana slices, and then put the other slice of bread on top. Close the sandwich press and allow the Club Cheddar cheeses to melt.
Remove the sandwich from heat and let it sit on a cutting board for a few minutes. Once the sandwich has rested, cut it in half and enjoy!
Winter Citrus Salad
INGREDIENTS: (serves 6)
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/2 rockmelon
- 3 navel oranges
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Hand full of mint leaves thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 500g tub of Ginger Yoghurt (Maleny Gourmet Yoghurt)
Using small sharp knife prepare citrus and rockmelon by cutting into sections of equal size (around 2cm cube size). Toss fruit together in a larger bowl cover and refrigerate for an hour.
Mix fruit swirl through tub of Maleny Gourmet Ginger Yoghurt. Portion salad into individual bowls and ladle 3 tablespoons of ginger yoghurt onto each bowl.
Combine brown sugar and cinnamon swirl throughout yoghurt.
Sprinkle with dried cranberries and mint chiffonade to serve.
Fruit & Maleny Yoghurt Smoothie
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
- 150g strawberries (or fruit of your choice), hulled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (or fruit of your choice)
- 500g Maleny Premium Vanilla Yoghurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional for a sweeter taste)
Place strawberries, raspberries, yoghurt, milk and syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into glasses and serve.