Come, see, taste and experience Maleny Cheese for yourself. Either in our Cafe on site at the cheesery or at one of our farmers market stalls, we love providing you with pure and natural dairy products of great quality.
Maleny Cheese Cafe
Licensed and offering a cheese-specialty menu, our cafe offers a variety of delicious meals and snacks with options for vegetarians and Gluten Free as well. Learn how we make our dairy products while you view our production floor through our panoramic windows within the cafe. Watch our 90 second video taking you from the paddock-to-plate. Taste and sample our cheese and yoghurts and experience our dairy products in our house-made specialty dishes. Our friendly cafe staff are ready to give you a special experience in the heart of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, a gem of country Queensland. We are open 7 days per week except Christmas and Good Friday, 9am to 5pm with kitchen closing daily at 2.30pm.
All of our cafe and viewing area is wheelchair accessible with good viewing onto the production room floor of the factory. We have a dedicated unisex wheelchair accessible toilet and vehicle parking bay with wheelchair accessible signage within a few meters from the café entrance.
While our cheese and yoghurt production activity usually takes place Monday to Thursday, we cater for weekends or other non-production days by showing our video presentations and allowing visitors to view the production area through our large panoramic windows.
Regionally sourced pantry ingredients are offered in our shop to compliment our dairy products. Each product is selected for our shop based on their authenticity, quality and taste. The goods are usually locally produced and are often incorporated into our cafe menu items as well. As purveyors of these distinctive foods and goods, we provide a ‘Story Board’ for each product we offer and keep our product range fresh and local.
Slow down – eat and live local. Reduced food kilometres starts with each of us.
Come and stop by…
- Located along a famed scenic tourism route. Look out for our unique “Cheese Wedge” signage on the main road.
- We are also home to the iconic giant “Milk Can” which can soon be a Guinness World Record attempt for its size and spectacle.
- Taste some cheese and yoghurt, and watch what we do.
- Fill out our customer survey for you chance to win a Maleny Cheese hamper. Winner drawn monthly.
- Capture a happy snap with our resident ‘Caramello’ the koala.
- Buy some cheese and yoghurt and have a lovely picnic, in the beautiful Sunshine Coast Hinterland.